Businesses – Diamond & Robinson provides a full range of services to businesses to assess, negotiate, and defend claims brought by the Vermont Attorney’s General and consumers. We assist businesses to better understand their obligations under a myriad of statutory and regulatory guidelines. Our work on behalf of clients includes:
- Representation of businesses in state and federal court to defend against claims of unfair and deceptive acts, fair credit reporting, and fair debt collection practices.
- Assist clients in settlement negotiations with the State to obtain fair results.
- Counsel clients to ensure advertising meets statutory and regulatory guidelines.
- Provide lobbying and legislative advocacy to advance, oppose, and improve regulatory and legislative initiatives that impact business.
Consumers – Diamond & Robinson assists consumers to obtain relief when they have been the victim of consumer fraud through:
- False advertising.
- Misrepresentation of the essential terms and conditions from the purchase of a good or service.
- Unfair debt collection practices.